Lymphedema People is an anchor

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema People is an anchor

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Today I am giving thanks for Lymphedema People. I live near a very small town. I was a county criminal court clerk in a nearby city of 25, 000. I am now retired. Until I found this site, I had never spoken to or seen another person with lymphedema. I have learned so much and been uplifted so many times by you, the members of this site. Knowing that someone understands the mental and physical problems of lymphedema is a comfort. It was wonderful to find so much information in one place. The information and forums on this site have been invaluable to me.
Betty
blubrdfrend

Re: Lymphedema People is an anchor

Postby patoco » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks you so much for your kind words, Betty.

Being a part of the family here and being able to reach out to help other lymphers like myself is a true blessing and is one reason I have been able to continue to keep going throughout these years of battling lymphedema, lymphoma, cellulitis, pain and the list that goes with LE.

Pat :wink:
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joanne johnson » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Pat,

I was glad to see that you recently posted. How are you doing? In a couple of weeks I have an appointment with the Chief of Vascular Service. He is from a very well respected hospital. My legs are getting bigger plus I have painful varicose veins. Is there anything new in the treatment of lymphedema? Sometimes I just can't stand it.

Joanne
joanne johnson

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Joanne, I believe that Pat is still in rehab. I looked up the address.

Winder Health Care and Rehabilitation
P O Box 588
Winder GA 30680
blubrdfrend

Postby joanne johnson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Blue, Thanks for the info on Pat. I will drop him a line.

Joanne
joanne johnson

Return to Welcome Family