Social Security Online - Congenital Lymphedema

URGENT ADVOCATE ALERT: Trends in Risk Reduction Practices for the Prevention of Lymphedema * *
advocacy news, Medicare coverage of Lymphedema Garments, Bandages and Supplies, ssdi, new york lymphedema bill, medicare drug plan, medicare therapy caps, Access to Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services Act, medicare Outpatient Therapy Caps Exception Process 2007, Lymphedema Stakeholders, Prosthetics, Orthotics, long term disability, Georgia Medical, Nursing and Therapy Schools, Georgia lymphedema resolution, lymphatic disease awareness, insurance companies, resource links, Status of state bills for lymphedema treatment, Lymphedema Awareness Day - Georgia, Consumer Actions Websites, Health Policy Issues, How to lobby, National institutes health, Patient advocacy, Federal government, state government resources

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Postby patoco » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 am

DI 23022.939 Congenital Lymphedema

SSACongenitalLymphedema

Pay very very close attention to this when deciding on filing for SS or not. Make sure your filing is as documentated as is possible, including important medical information.

Whether or not you get approval may well depend on just how life limiting it is for you and your abilities to do even basic day to day functions/care.....BTW.....don't be an idject like I was. I would say, but I can still do it, it just takes forever to do anything. Wrong, wrong, wrong :!:

What would usually happen is that it would be so exhausting and overwhelming that I would very often NOT do things I needed for that day to day care - such as eating.

Folks, we pay into Social Security with every single paycheck we receive. I know I sure did winding up handing over money for
from 1970 - 2008.....38 years of contributing. So it is anything but a "gift," "entitlement" or welfare. Remember, you paid into the system and by rights you should have the benefits from doing so.

If you need some help or some tips, we have a fellow that is fantastic in dealing with SS and has been such a help to so many.

His name is Bob Weiss and can contacted at this email: Lymphactivist@AOL.COM
patoco
Site Admin

Re: Social Security Online - Congenital Lymphedema

Postby blubrdfrend » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 pm

That is very good advice.
blubrdfrend

Return to Advocacy and Governmental Resources