SUPPORT STOCKINGS

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

SUPPORT STOCKINGS

Postby john » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:51 am

ON AN AVERAGE DAY HOW LONG WOULD MOST PEOPLE WEAR THERE SUPPORT STOCKINGS....(APPROX. HOURS) ???
I USUALLY PUT MINE ON ABOUT 6 AM...AND THEN I REMOVE THEM ABOUT 3PM......WHEN I REMOVE THEM IT LEAVES A BIG INDENTATION JUST AVOVE THE STOCKING.....FULL CICLE , :? FROM WATER RETENTION......IT DOES GO AWAY !!!! HOWEVER DOES THIS SEEM NORMAL ?? AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG ???

PLEASE ADVISE !!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU.............JOHN
john

Postby ma1290 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:13 pm

I have my compression garment on from the moment I get out of the shower in the morning until I wrap my leg at night when I go to sleep.

Do you wear stockings on your legs? Are they knee highs or a thigh highs? I used to wear a knee high stocking and I also used to get an indentation around the top of the garment. This was because the swelling had gone above my knee and I was starting to get second stage tissue up there.

Are you sure the indentation you have is from water retention? You could have a similar situation to mine. Maybe you should ask your therapist about getting a thigh high compression garment if that's the case.

-Adam
ma1290

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk