LE and Sports

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

LE and Sports

Postby teenmom » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi there. I am a mother of a newly diagnosed teen with LE praecox. ( That is most likely diagnosis...we are still in the process of ruling out all other diseases) Her life revolves around sports. She plays some competitely, some just rec league and is a cheerleader. I have posted this question in the teen section but was looking for anyone who has had experience with LE in a super active person. I hate to limit any activities, but don't know if strenuous activity will worsen symptoms. Also, was wondering if any companies make compression gear (medical grade) for use during exercise that looks like athletic wear. (She is a teenage girl :roll ) Thanks for any info/experiences. These websites are invaluable for families and people especially the newly diagnosed. Thank you for this website. Teenmom
teenmom

Re: LE and Sports

Postby ma1290 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Hey there,
My doctors have always told me that physical activity is good for lymphedema as long as I am wearing compression at the time. I've worn a jobst elvarex stocking or an over the counter jobst stocking while doing physical activity. You can order over the counter jobst stockings online. http://www.foryourlegs.com/Jobst-Womens-30-40-mmHg-Extra-Firm-p-1-c-281.html

Good luck!
-Adam
Last edited by ma1290 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ma1290

Re: LE and Sports

Postby teenmom » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:51 am

Thank you for the info. I appreciate the post!
teenmom

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk