Garment digging in

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Garment digging in

Postby tsegadesta » Wed May 23, 2007 11:12 am

Hello, I have bilateral lymphedema of the legs post chemotherapy and radiation for cervical cancer. I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I have been wearing elvarex stockings all this time, which have been comfortable and doing a good job of keeping the swelling down. Lately, my therapist upgraded me to class 4 compression. During the past six months or so, I am having issues where my thighs on my left are getting bigger. This results in the stocking digging between my upper left thigh and my crotch area. My therapist and I have increased the size of the stocking around the thigh area to compensate, but I am still having issues. How do I
1. decrease the swelling in my upper thighs/ (below the knee I have no issue.)
2. Is there something I can slide under my compression stocking that will prevent the tightness I am getting and alleviate the digging in of the garment through my skin.
Thanks so much!!
tsegadesta

Postby patoco » Wed May 23, 2007 11:28 pm

Hey Tsegadesta :)

I'm wondering if the pressure may be to great. If the grament is digging in that might be a signit is - and if it is digging in, it is going to be cutting off lymph circulation which would explain the increase in swelling.

Normally, I would recommend an insert (like a piece of foam, which helps me) in areas like behind the knee (areas that bend). But I would seriously talk to your therapist about changing the pressure.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby tsegadesta » Thu May 24, 2007 11:01 am

Thanks, Pat! Will touch base with her.
tsegadesta

Postby tsegadesta » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:06 am

Hello, I talked to my therapist and we increased the size on the left garment around my thigh at the top by 1.5 cms. After 10 days, the garment arrived from Germany. I tried it and it's still digging in. My fitter and I are really perplexed. Has anyone been through the same situation? The next step is to increase by 3 cms and decrease the pressure.. that's what I am thinking of proposing to her. I am going to talk to her today.. Any inputs will be greatley appreciated!! Thanks!!
tsegadesta

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema