Bandage Wrapping

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Bandage Wrapping

Postby JacquieC » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 pm

I am starting my treatments next week, are there any tips or tricks to rolling up the bandges after I take them off....it looks tedious to say the least.

Thanks in advance

Peace
Jacquie
JacquieC

Postby joanne johnson » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi Jacquie,
I know there are automatic roller type devices that you can purchase which makes wrapping the bandages much faster. Inquire about it at the place where you get your supplies. I think I saw them on the internet at Bandages Plus.com.
joanne johnson

Postby Kim » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi Jacquie,

My tip? Just start rolling. :lol: I've been wrapping at night on both legs all the way up for two years. Yes, it takes time, and yes, it's no fun, but it has to be done. I watch tv or something to make the time go by faster. My hubby helps me sometimes, but most of the time, it's just me. It all just takes time...wrapping, unwrapping, washing the wraps, untangling and hanging them up to dry, then rolling them up, and wrapping again. It's a daily process for me, one I just do, there is no choice. But like I said, tv or music, or talking with someone while i'm at it helps. You'll get used to it, and find what works best for you. Like Joanne said though, there are rollers that can help.

My best to you in starting treatments. Good for you! :D

Kim
Kim

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema