Is It ever to late to be able to have your legs wraped ?

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Is It ever to late to be able to have your legs wraped ?

Postby Cindy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:01 pm

I just watched a film on le on the internet. It sounded like you can respond to message and wraping and hose well in stage 1 and2. But not in stage 3. Or if you have skin conditions that don't respond well to wraping. I have a real problem with blister like lumps all the way up to knees and a few beyond. In the valleys between the blisters Is a cream like substance. If I clean it out sometimes I open up my legs and I bleed or leek fluid. The skin is very dry. And very tender. I have never had any message. I was not aware of what I had until I was already in stage 2 and 3. I would like to know if this is true or if I missunderstood.? I have lookied at some pictures of others with le. And I have found almost no one who look's just like me. Does anyone else have the same as me?
Cindy

Postby patoco » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:34 pm

Hey Cindy :)

I would really be interested in knowing the film you watched. Didn't know there was one available on the internet. :?:

My left leg is basically a write-off. Not only has lymphedema since birth taken its toll, but countless cellulitis episodes, lymphoma, radiation, debulking surgeries etc have made it so hard and fibrotic that ultra-sounds bounce right off it.

Right leg is stage 3, just nothing like the left.

Last year in Nov/Dec, part of the two months I spent in the hospital was a couple weeks in this hospital in Birmingham that supposes to treat LE.

Mind you, I didn't have MLD like I was told I would, nor did I have "official" aqua-therapy, again like I told I would.

But, they did wrap everyday and periodically I was able to spend some time in the pool.

The biggest surprise in this was that the LEFT leg was the one that actually responded to the treatment. It lost size, while the better off right leg didn't. So, no matter what the stage of LE is, it seems that it will respond to treatment. All it takes is a committed patient and therapist.

I think that if a therapist would really be willing to help you, you might see a disappearance of those blisters. On my left leg, I have seen a slight improvement too on that horrid skin plaque and papillomatosis.

The papillomatosis are these little round lumps that "pop" out of your skin...sounds similar to what you are describing.

These are due to the circulatory problems associated with later stage lymphedema.

Anyway....your leg would respond and even late stage LE responds. So, hoping you can find a therapist that will work with you. :!: :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

In answer to your Question about video Pat

Postby Cindy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:48 am

I found the video by typing in google Lymphedema. Then going to click on video. I found more then one. I watched Lymphedema causes and treatment from Jobst and Healthy Legs. It was great. I have so much better grasp of what is happening to me. Iam the Cindy who wrote don't always trust your doctor. If you read that you will get a idea of how much help I get from my doctors. :roll: I really want to thank you for all your help and incouragement. By the way were is Silkie? I miss her. I have emailed her but with no response. I pray all is well with her. Maybe she is just on some wonderful vacation. Thanks for telling me about my blister like bumps-papillomatosis. Now I know what it is for the first time since this thing has come apon me. I don't know how to just send you the email adress for the video. So I hope you can find it with the information I have sent :oops: Cindy
Cindy

Postby ma1290 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:03 am

I found this video a while back, it is very informative and might be the one that Cindy is talking about.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5065346676912347331&q=lymphedema&total=9&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3
ma1290

Postby JacquieC » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:41 am

Wow.......I just watched it and found it very informative and helpful in helping me understand Lymphedema. Thank you so much for posting this.
Great video to keep bookmarked to refer back on.

Peace
Jacquie
JacquieC

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema