I can't STRESS enough......

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

I can't STRESS enough......

Postby JacquieC » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:41 pm

how IMPORTANT it is to have open communication with your doctors and therapists. I am new to all this, just getting started with TRYING to set my therapy appts up and the stress of doing something( that should be relatively simple ) has become more stressful at times than dealing with the LE, and its all because doctors, therapists etc.... are to damn busy any more to give you, the patient, a return call. Receptionists taking down messages that turn out to be no where near what you had called to ask about leads to a phone call back by the receptionist with some off the wall answer from the doc that doesn't make any sense at all.
I just spent 35 minutes on the phone with my LE therapist straightening out crap that began a month ago that didn't have to get this far had there been open communication.
If you are unsure or don't understand something ask for it to be explained until you do understand it.
I have learned the hard way as most of us have that just because they are doctors that doesn't make them God....can you tell I'm a little bit...ok ALOT...jaded when it comes to doctors. I am respectful to them until the minute they start to treat me or talk to me like I am a moron because I ask questions, then it's ON as far as I am concerned, I give it right back to them but with a smile on my face :)

Peace
Jacquie
JacquieC

Postby patoco » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:35 pm

Hey Jacquie :)

I'll give a loud second to what you said. Believe me, I have had a "show down" with my fair share.

But...that is why I stress so strongly that we as lymphdema patients must be so well educated on our condition. When we go to these guys, talk their lingo and show that we know what we are talking about, it really helps.

The thing that drives me crazy is that we have not only to be patients, but we have to over see the billing because that is usually so screwed up, we have to make sure the appointments are correct, referrals are correct on and on and on.

Wonder what it would be like to be just a patient :?: :?: :?: :?:

Sometimes, I feel like I should be billing the doc's office for my time. :roll: :wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema