Lymphedema and Congestive heart failure Help

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema and Congestive heart failure Help

Postby AzDarleen » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:31 am

I have LE in my right arm, chest and back since Jan 2006, in Feb I now have Congestive Heart Failure and I'm having a hard time , if I wrap too much and push too much fliud I start having problems with my heart, so I have to stop treatment for my LE. I sthere anyone eles out there that has the same problem and can give me any help. I feel like I'm going in circles and my LE therapist doesn't want to treat me anymore because of the heart problems.
Thanks for any help
Darleen :(
AzDarleen

Postby patoco » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:12 am

Hi Darleen

When I exploded with chest fluid last year, they thought I was having massive congestive heart failure. Fortunately, the tests have come back negative. Mine is from lymphoma and hereditary LE.

But, the effect is the same in terms of fluid build up. I can't wear any compression sleeves, or do anything else either that will move fluid out of my legs and arms. There is already tissue damage in my lungs from the fluid and there are concerns about it filling the heart cavity as well.

I now have to be on lasix (the last thing an LE'er wants) to help.

I do limited lymph node stimulation, self massage on the arm, arm exercises, and breathing exercises. This does help, but doesn't bring the left arm down to its normal size.

The breathing exercises are good in that it helps "pump" the fluid via the diaphragm muscle.

Talk to the doc and therapist about you possibly doing these things yourself on a limited basis.

I so totally understand how you feel and wish I could offer more. The priority now though has to be treatment of the CHF.

Please let me know how you are doing.

Big hug to ya.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema