negative test results for lupus-HELP!

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

negative test results for lupus-HELP!

Postby angel » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Hello-I have been informed my tests results are negative for lupus :?
Good in one way bad i another cause I feel so ill
My doc put me on diruetics and my face has gone done comletely, and it has helped my ankles a bit as well. I reckon I carry about 3-4 pounds more4 when swolllen up and wasn't on water pills. My stomach is still very swollena nd unmcomfortable, le therapist thought I had the classic butterfly lupus rash on my cheeks, but the bloodwork isn't showing this.
Feel quite hopeless about it all-therapist reckons stomach swelling might be the le from my hip going into my stomach.
In trouble at work for being off work gain sick. May lose job0be medically retired if something is not done soon
Help!
angel

Postby patoco » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:53 pm

Hey Angel

Thanks for the update. Very much like you said "Good in one way bad in another cause I feel so ill."

What I wonder about is that so many times tests for lupus can come back with a false negative. Be sure to have them double check this.

Ask your LE therapist too about learning self lymph node stimulation and self massage treatment. This may help in the abdominal fluid collection.I have this as well and understand how miserable it can make you feel.

A key point is to remember that the central dump area for lymph is the thoracic duct - ask her about doing self massage in that area as well.

What are the docs planning now? Hang in there my friend, I know there is an answer for you - its just a matter of the doctors continuing to look and try to help.

Big hug to you :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby angel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:24 am

thankyou Pat- seeing my G.P Tommorow.
my stomach looks very weird on the right side-I have two rolls of fluid which turn into each other even when I lie down.
Will let you know how I get on at the docs.
Have phoned and left message for le therapist.
thanks!
angel

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema