cortisone?

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

cortisone?

Postby carol » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi Everyone, I have advanced arthrits in my thumb joint in my lymphedema hand and i am wondering if it is okay to have a coritose injection. Thank you le hugs carol
carol

Postby patoco » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi Carol :)

My only concern with cortisone is that it lowers your resistanace to infection and can cause edema.

Tough call, especially with advanced arthritis.

If there is anything else that can help,I would probably try it first.

Pat 8)
patoco
Site Admin

thanks and another question

Postby carol » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:58 am

Hi Pat, As you know i have le in my left arm and hand (by the way with wrapping and mld it is good) so i thank you for taking the time to reply. I will try other things first now.
Now i am suppose to have 3 shots of cotisone in my lower back for arthritis (spinal stenosis) done in the OR.
Would this affect my arm and hand? I did have a shot of cortisone 6 months ago in my big toe and my le was okay. Thanks again. le hugs carol
carol

Cortisone

Postby Seattle Gal » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi Carol,

I too have spinal stenosis and in the past year I have had two epidural steroid injections in my spine. I have primary lymphedema in my legs. The shots didn't have any effect on my lymphedema. They are not bad to get if you have a really good doctor to administer them. They do them under x-ray guidance so they can be sure they are getting the steroid in the right spot. I hope it works for you. You might try one and see how it does. I had two but neither one offered me significant relief. However I would encourage you to try them as they work differently for everyone. As I understand it 3 is the limit that you should have within one years time.

Seattle Gal
Seattle Gal

thank you

Postby carol » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:15 pm

Thank you Seattle Girl for replying. Sure hope the shots work as i also have advanced facet arthritis in my back to.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if noone had pain.....just dreaming.....le hugs Carol
carol

epidural needle

Postby carol » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi Everyone,
I had one epidural needle in my spine and it never helped at all. I will not be getting the other 2 i am suppose to have.
I was scared the whole time as they took blood pressure and put a iv in my arm and hand that i had the preventative mastectomy in, No nodes were taken on this side.
Thanks anyway....bc and le hugs carol
carol

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema