months of leg swelling

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

months of leg swelling

Postby ksl4139 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:54 pm

Hi, back in mid April '07 I had cellulitis, in hosp. IV antibiotics then better. Two-three weeks after that my right leg started swelling, down to my toes.I tried to fix it myself with the bandaging but then saw a therapist who did massage on me for 2 weeks. She did the massage somewhat similar to my first therapist and wrapped differently. Now I have had to go to a 3rd therapist because of work times, I go at 5pm. She was taught the Norton method. She is entirely different from the first two. Her massage is move, stop, move, stop. I thought you were suppose to do a clockwise movement with your hand. Anyway, do all methods of manual massage drainage give you the end result you need?????
My leg has been swollen for 7 1/2 months and I am starting to cry all the time now.
ksl4139

Postby patoco » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:03 am

Hi and Welcome to our Family here :)

The method I am familiar with is the clockwise, small semi circles. That is also the method I use when doing self massage.

When you say she keeps starting and stoppping... is it a straight line movement?

Interesting.

The important thing too, is it helping you?

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema