stockings

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

stockings

Postby 1sager » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi, I just joined this site and really impressed. My husband has lymthedema and elephantist. I am looking for someone who will custom make the stockings, I really get tired of wrapping all the time. One leg is bigger than the other, the largest ranges about 60 some inches. I been using the bandage pluse short strech bandages. Once I wrap the next day they fall off cause of the reduction, which is good but i have to rewrap again. Anyone has comments? thanx
1sager

Re: stockings

Postby armywife » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Are you talking about wrapping with compression bandages?? If so, I have the same issue as am sure many of us do. It IS good they fall off as that means swelling is less...and it is a pain to re wrap which I don't....But have done some research on Fallon Wraps?? Would make me more compliant with the wrap issue...soon as I get in to see PT am going to chat with them about the possibililty for me....Check it out...it is an alternative style of wrapping. Hope this helps..and to get custom fit stockings see a certfied therapist who can measure him...my doc has recommended Elvarex(Sp?) they are custom made in Germany...as are JOBST stockings as well....
Armywife
armywife

Re: stockings

Postby armywife » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 pm

ooops...that is Farrow wraps...not Fallon....memory geez...
Armywife
armywife

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema