Shoes,Shoes Those Darn Shoes

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Shoes,Shoes Those Darn Shoes

Postby cjhurt92 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:20 am

I'm Sure Everyone With Lymphedema Of The Leg(s) have had Trouble finding Shoes that fit.
I'm had lymhedema for 5 and a half years and 2 years into having to wear sandals, slippers and Crocs everyday I got Sick of It So my family and I went to over 8 stores trying on shoes. Are last stop was a payless shoe store we explained to one of the Employees my condition he helped me look for the biggest shoe i tried it on and it fit...Kinda..The thing is i couldn't tie it . I really liked to shoe but i didn't wanna walk around with the Tounge of the shoe sticking out, so we sat there thinking for a bit, when the employee came up with the Idea to take the shoe to a Shoe Repair guy And Have him make the shoe into a Slip on...The Guy Promised it would work he had done it before when he use to work on shoes. So i bought the shoe For $25 and went to the Repair place down the Block and explained everything to the guy and He customized The Shoe!. What he Did was Put Some Stretchy Material And the Left and Right side of the Tounge Of the Shoe on Sewed it to the Shoe. He did it in less than a day and it only costed $15 and it worked very well it was very durable and the best part is it looked C 8) 8) L .... if Anyone is having the shoe Problem You Might Wanna try This Out.
cjhurt92

Re: Shoes,Shoes Those Darn Shoes

Postby joanne johnson » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 am

It is wonderful when you find someone who is creative and successful at the same time. That was a great idea to change the whole shoe into a different style. Now you can have "happy feet." :D
joanne johnson

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema