Milky White Urine?!?!

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Milky White Urine?!?!

Postby cjhurt92 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Does any one else have this?: For the past 5 years off and on I've Had weird Milky White Urine. I urinated that fluid a few times a day. I'm assuming its the same stuff that leaks from my leg since its the same color. when the doctors tested it they said it had allot of protien & a small amount of blood cells.
When i first urinate when i wake up theres these little particals in the urine they look like little pieces of tissue...its very odd :oops: Does anyone know what the heck it is?
cjhurt92

Re: Milky White Urine?!?!

Postby patoco » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am

hi CJ

My first thought was protein. Have you had all protein levels checked? be sure to do that and I'm also wondering when they tested yo and found the excess protein, did they do anything?

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby cjhurt92 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 am

Well They Test my Urine Every Single Time I Goto The Hospital (Its Been about 20 times) Everytime The See It the wanna Test It. They Said Its From The Chlye Fluid & Because Of My Diet...So I changed My Diet and No Differernce In Color, So i went back and They Perscribed Lasix....But I Heard That Lasix Can Make Lymphedema Worse So I'm Pretty Confused At What I should Do.
cjhurt92

Postby patoco » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:30 am

hey Carlos

Your are absolutely correct, Lasix should not be given to a lymphedema patient unless there is a life threatening co-existing medical condition that requires it to keep the patient alive.

Diuretics carry the fluids out of the body but are not able to pull out the heavier molecule protein particles that are so abdunant in lymph fluid.

That's really odd that the chyle would show up like that. When I drain my lungs, I get nothing but chyle but ahve never (that I noticed) in my urine. I'm going to have to check now out of curiosity.

I would absolutely though talk over this taking Lasix with your doctor and explain to him your concerns.

Thanks for letting me know, i have really been wondering.

best to you!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema