New to Lymphedema People

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

New to Lymphedema People

Postby Queenie EJC » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:58 am

This appears to be a very active lymphedema website, and I'm thankful I've found you! I've had lymphedema for 24 years involving both legs and pelvis from cancer surgery and radiation. I feel I can learn so much here and hope to help others too. Please call on me if I can be of help.
Queenie EJC

Re: New to Lymphedema People

Postby patoco » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:53 am

Hey Queenie

Super welcome to our family here :D :!:

Twenty four years is a long time and i can imagine you probably have a lot to share too. I very much look forward to your participation and insight.

While I've had LE for decades, I too am a cancer survivor (lymphoma secondary to LE). I was first diagnosed - get this - on January, Friday the 13th, 1995. Because of the LE and he state of my immune system I was never able to take the CHOPs treatment that might have taken care of the lymphoma. It seems to pop up from time to time, but while we haven't gotten rid of it, it has gotten rid of me either :wink:

My LE was in my legs until about four years ago, then it went into my arms, ab - pretty much all over.

Again, welcome - glad you found us :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: New to Lymphedema People

Postby Queenie EJC » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks for your warm welcome! I'm happy to be here, Pat. It is my hope that I can be of help. I know too that I will learn so much from you and others as well.
Queenie EJC

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema