Incontinence and Lymphedema

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Incontinence and Lymphedema

Postby FaithClapper » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 am

I have severe urinary incontinence and with the leg wrappings, I can put out 2 to 4 liters of urine per night. The drugs do not work and my doctor will not let me use an indwelling catheter any longer. I only have my legs wrapped to the knees but still need to do the thighs but if I do that it is certain that all the bandages will be soaked by the morning. I do wear double layers of protection with additional pads and special padding underneath on the bed but every morning I wake up in a pool of urine. This whole situation is very depressing. I am also disabled ( permanently on crutches due to a car accident from years ago) so it is not like I can run to the bathroom. Friends alternate and come wrap my legs because my injuries do not allow me to bend my legs to the point that I can do the wrapping myself.
Is there anyone out there who is in a similar situation and can provide some solution or answers to my troubles?
How do I continue to do the wrapping with this persistent urinary output? Keep in mind this is over one year ago that I started with the wraps.
Thanks
Faith
FaithClapper

Re: Incontinence and Lymphedema

Postby anna » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:44 pm

I have the same problem...I have a bedside toliet. I am up every 2 hours.....and I am always tired. If you can help i WOULD LOVE TO KNOW...ANNA
anna

Re: Incontinence and Lymphedema

Postby FaithClapper » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:13 am

Anna:
I am sorry to hear that there actually is someone out there that has the same problem. Being disabled and on crutches, I cannot even get up fast enough to get to a bedside commode.
If I do get any answers, I will be sure to let you know.
Faith
FaithClapper

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema