Swelling

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Swelling

Postby lisa_t » Sat May 12, 2007 7:23 pm

When I wake up my leg looks almost normal. At night it is swollen. Also my leg sweats Lymph Fluid. Is that normal for Lymphedema?
Lisa NJ
lisa_t

Postby joanne johnson » Sat May 12, 2007 11:44 pm

Hi Lisa,
Are you sure that is lymph fluid which you are sweating? Is it clear and sticky? I don't think that should be happening. If I get a break in the skin, my leg will drip fluid for a few days which is really a pain to contend with but never any other area.

Now I am really curious about sweating lymph fluid. I hope someone will have an explanation for you. Good luck!
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Sun May 13, 2007 5:43 am

Hi Lisa

I'm curious like Joanne, what color, texture and posible odor does this liquid have?

The break in the skin and dripping sounds like lymphorrhea, but I'm not famimliar with LE sweating lymphorrhea.

Do you sleep with any garment on or with it wrapped in any way?

:?: :?: :?:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby lisa_t » Sun May 13, 2007 8:47 am

Pat and Joanne,
I can feel the fluid comming out. It is a little thick but there is no odor. My non-lymph leg does not sweat.
Lisa NJ
lisa_t

Postby marigold » Fri May 25, 2007 9:59 pm

What do you wear at night? Your leg can get sweaty from the wrapping, because so much heat is trapped inside! Usually lymphorrhea occurs in certain places, not all over, so far as I know. Can you tell us more?

Marigold
marigold

Postby silkie » Sat May 26, 2007 3:01 am

Hi Lisa

We have talked in chat about excess fluid where skin touches skin
under the boobs, groin area inner thighs it is more than sweating
we have thought of the possibility of lymph fluid and sweating seeping out of the skin. but it was exceedingly wet but not like lymph fluid

Is the fluid seeping out in all areas?

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema