Tattoos?

Special Section for Ages 15 through 35. Late Teens through young adults, clothes, toe leakage, study, work, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, Birdwatcher, blush

Tattoos?

Postby Rachel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 am

Hello All,

I had a question for you. I know we are all have different area's of lymphedema (mine in my right ankle/leg) but has anyone heard of any complications with tattoos and lymphedema? I am currently interested in getting a tattoo on my neck but unsure if this is a bad idea being that I have heard that there is lymph nodes on the back of your neck. I've asked my doctor about getting a tattoo on my hip, and she said it would put me in the hospital. Does anyone have tattoos that have or have not interfered with your lymphedema?

-R
Rachel

Re: Tattoos?

Postby patoco » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Hey Rachel

I don't have any tatoos, so I can't speak actually on that. But, I do have serious concerns about anything that in any way will break the integrity of the skin.

Here is another discussion we had on this:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=216

Hope this helps in your considerations.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby cuenlm1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:02 am

I have a tattoo and I did fine. If ur worried about putting it on ur neck move it maybe to ur shoulder or back? Good luck! Just remember u need to be happy and do things and live ur life doing things u want! :)
cuenlm1

Postby patoco » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 am

Hey Cuenlm

Just remember u need to be happy and do things and live ur life doing things u want!

LOL....so true....to a point. We must also use discretion and common sense too though. Trust me, I have lived a life of pushing the limits and in always seeming to have one foot over the edge. But, with lymphedema and the potential risk of serious infection, I do urge visitors and members to be cautious about this, make your decision wisely and do your study thoroughly.

Also, there seems to be this large range of people's immunity with LE. For those who have a constant battle with cellulitis (like me), it's a no brainer.

If you are one of those who seem to never get sick (except for having LE), wherever those rare individuals might be, now that might be a different story....

But still, act wisely.

Best

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Young People with Lymphedema