Page 1 of 1

Re: Young Adult with Lymphedem looking for some advice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 am
by patoco
Hi hney-B

Super welcome to our family here.

The first thing you might want to do is to get to a certified lymphedema therapist for an evaluation.

From the evaluation, they can design a treatment and/or a management plan.

Who diagnosed you and who got the that compression stocking you mentioned? Was there any followup with them??

A management program would include exercises to help, skin care, compression bandages and even complex decongestive therapy. Not only will the therapist do this, but you can learn to do self decongestive therapy as well.

Look forward to hearing back from you!