Welcome:fun, new, bizarre, funky, anything goes posts!!

Special Section for Ages 15 through 35. Late Teens through young adults, clothes, toe leakage, study, work, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, Birdwatcher, blush

Welcome:fun, new, bizarre, funky, anything goes posts!!

Postby blush » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:44 am

Hi I'm Blush,
I'd like to welcome anyone new to the site or just new to the young people posts!!
I'm very excited about getting us all together to chat, whinge, bring up any imaginable topic, be there for each other, give each other ideas and pretty much everything else!
I started this section, not to phase out our elders but perhaps for us to be able to focus on what we think matter or had an impact in our lives at this stage! The other posts are always there for us to refer to and to find out about there stuff, but this is our own little unique section for all things us!please feel free to post your info in the funky youngsters members page, so we can always refer back and see where people are from and what their story is.

take care and enjoy!!

blush xoxo
blush

Postby silkie » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:08 am

Hiya Blush

Just popped in a little info Clothes wise

Watched programme on bigger people section on clothes and not availabe in above standard sizes for the young

Ok Info from it two 18 year old girls both 4 sizes above the largest in the
shops catering especially for the young in uk shops like Top Shop ,
selfridges etc Many of them have larger sizes in the back they just dont think they look good on display so always ask

Also many big stores offer alterations and can upsize garments for you
have no idea of cost but might be worth asking

hugggggggggggggggg

Silks xxxxx
silkie

Postby ro81nm » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:02 am

Hello all,

Just so you know, Nordstroms will give you a personal shopper to help you find clothes that fit with your lymphedema. The are very good about that sort of thing. They will also order 2 different sized shoes for you if you need it. (My aunt does that all the time!)

Also, if you have arm lymphedema, please check out my website, we're making new, fashionable compression sleeves that are softer, with 360 degree stretch, and have aloe built in to moisturize your arm as you wear them!

Check them out, we're now offering them for presale. If you order one, use the discount code PREDIVA and you will get a 20% discount!

Robin
www.lymphedivas.com
ro81nm

Postby Stacy » Wed May 30, 2007 2:00 pm

Robin-

Wow! I just checked your website and you are a godsend. How about adding garments for lower limbs? I have a 17 year old daughter who would love something like what you have here for her legs. She's very self conscious about her LE and tries to hide it. If she could have something like your products to wear she might feel better.

And Blush, I'll be sending her to this site. She doesn't know anyone close to her age with LE.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Stacy
Stacy

Postby blush » Thu May 31, 2007 8:16 am

yeah. making them for legs would be great!!

i look forward to your daughter checking out the site and getting in on some convos!!

b
blush

Postby victnsh » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:59 am

[quote="silkie"]Hiya Blush

Just popped in a little info Clothes wise

Watched programme on bigger people section on clothes and not availabe in above standard sizes for the young

Ok Info from it two 18 year old girls both 4 sizes above the largest in the
shops catering especially for the young in uk shops like Top Shop ,
selfridges etc Many of them have larger sizes in the back they just dont think they look good on display so always ask

Also many big stores offer alterations and can upsize garments for you
have no idea of cost but might be worth asking

hugggggggggggggggg

Silks xxxxx[/quote]
victnsh

Re: Welcome:fun, new, bizarre, funky, anything goes posts!!

Postby Purpl6 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:14 pm

http://www.lymphedivas.com===== this website is great. Although i have lymphedema in my right leg and wanted to know is there anyway the garments can be made for your legs from your thigh to your feet and also can be made from your knee to your ankle. I don't wear shorts due to the fact that one leg is bigger than the other. I thought maybe if there was a garment created to wear with your shorts maybe i can wear shorts again.

Thanks
Patty
Purpl6

Re: Welcome:fun, new, bizarre, funky, anything goes posts!!

Postby Purpl6 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Purpl6 wrote:http://www.lymphedivas.com===== this website is great. Although i have lymphedema in my right leg and wanted to know is there anyway the garments can be made for your legs from your thigh to your feet and also can be made from your knee to your ankle. I don't wear shorts due to the fact that one leg is bigger than the other. I thought maybe if there was a garment created to wear with your shorts maybe i can wear shorts again.

Thanks
Patty
Purpl6

Return to Young People with Lymphedema