**Funky youngsters members page**

Special Section for Ages 15 through 35. Late Teens through young adults, clothes, toe leakage, study, work, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, Birdwatcher, blush

**Funky youngsters members page**

Postby blush » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:50 am

Name: Blush
LE background: I have primary LE in my whole right leg, i got diagnosed about 2 years ago.
blush

funky youngsters member page indeed!

Postby dgeyer » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:25 am

Name: Debbie
LE Background: primary LE in right leg for bout 2 yrs

Great idea blush, can't wait to see more of your work! sorry i didn't discover all this earlier!
Cheers
dgeyer

Postby ro81nm » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:07 am

Name: Robin
LE Background: Arm lymphedema (breast cancer side effect), less than 1 year
Solution: www.lymphedivas.com

You're both from Australia? I've been researching that and you seem to have a huge amount of information and support over there. How does the system work for sales of garments? Do you have to pay for them or does your government supply them? In the US most insurance companies will not pay for garments at all anymore!!

Thanks for the info!

Robin
ro81nm

Lymphedema

Postby Mel » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:34 am

Hi everyone my name is Mel.

I'm 20 years old and have primary lymphedema in my left leg. I have had this since i was 5. 12 months ago i had my first case of Lympheria (Toe Leakage) which lead to cellulites. Since then i have had 4 cases of leaky toes. I was wondering if anyone out there knows much about this and what i can do for it as my doctors have no idea. I wear my Garments everyday and this doesnt seem to help.

A reply would be much appreciated

Sincerly Mel
Mel

Postby sweetsiren » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:34 pm

Hi there,

I understand Mel, before I found this site I really felt like I was alone in all the complications that come with this condition. I agree that the compression garments really don't do much for controlling swelling....especially if you have leakage...why don't you try this site...bandanges plus.com...they sell alot of bandaging supplies etc for lymhpedema....I found that bandaging keeps the swelling down the best...once you get a rhythm and flow for yourself...caring for it will become much more doable. Let me know if it helps hon. :D
sweetsiren

--------------------------------------------

Postby ma1290 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:38 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by ma1290 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ma1290

Postby blush » Thu May 31, 2007 8:19 am

im glad you found it too adam..
have a loook around and make good use of our young people section, we are open to any question, thoughs etc.

im a right legger too.. lol

b :lol:
blush

Re: **Funky youngsters members page**

Postby Sopralto37 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:36 am

Sarah, age 21
Washington, USA
Lymphedema Praecox (Primary) in Right Leg since I was about 9yrs.

I also am so glad to have found other people with this condition, especially those who aren't depressed and terrified by it! I've got to say, This is my new favorite website! I only wish we had chat too!! :D
Sopralto37

Postby patoco » Mon May 02, 2011 8:23 am

Hi Ya'll

Mine started in my left leg, now is in both and is all over.

LOL...Sopralto, I could write volumes about all I have done even with LE.

A few years ago too, I had a really sobering event. I had been in the hospital here in Gwinnett Georgia and transferred for a couple weeks to Dr. Stewart's rehab hospital in Birmingham. She is medical director of a facility that not only is a rehab for general conditions, but treats us as well.

While I was there, smoking out on our hidden patient balacony (ok now....I've long since stopped smoking too :) ) and while I was out there this lady was wheeled out in a wheelchair. She had contracted MRSA and had both hands and forearms amputated as a result. Here she was able to smoke only if someone else held her cigarette while she puffed. Adding to that was that while she was in the hospital there, she was notified that her only son had committed suicide.

When you look at the horrible tragedy this woman has faced, how could you even for a minute feel sorry for yourself.

I honestly do believe there are so many many things worse then having lymphedema and we should do all we cn to enjoy and get the most out of life.

Remember that old Timex commercial "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin!?"

BTW, we have look at chats too, but it seems none we have seen would work with our existing programming. :(

Pat :D
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Sopralto37 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:00 am

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1631985808127

This is the link to my comedy act about my leg, There are way more stories I could tell, but I only had a short amount of time! This was for an open mic night at my Uni.
Sopralto37

Return to Young People with Lymphedema