Study/work

Special Section for Ages 15 through 35. Late Teens through young adults, clothes, toe leakage, study, work, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, Birdwatcher, blush

Study/work

Postby Wokkel » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:07 pm

Hello,
When long schooldays cause a problem or the work days, does anyone know how not to get upset when asking for adjustments? Next week I will start to work fulltime at a company, for school, and I want to arrange that I can work one hour less a day, and then see how it goes, because it has gone wrong last time I had to do this. I was in constant pain, lots of kneepain too, and extremely burny feet. Which also made my evenings and weekends useless. I have difficulties with those conversations with school and a new boss, i think because I have to speak about me being less able to do something. I always have to try hard not to cry, not that I'm very upset but it just goes that way. I do know what to say and what I want to ask,but still. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know
Wokkel

Postby blush » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:07 am

hey,
Maybe you could get a letter from your doctor. I always feel and bit more confident when i have proof. if you get me? Just be confident. You are capable of doing your job by the sounds of it. You need to be comfortable and look after yourself. Maybe explain to them about the condition and make sure they know that you look after yourself. If they're decent people they will understand. While you are working and have a busy week ahead try to do massages and exercise as much as you can. I put fun music on in the background so i dont get too bored of it. but it makes you feel better. also good shoes are always a good thing. usually more expensive but can make a lot of difference.

hope ive helped a little bit atleast.

blush
blush

Return to Young People with Lymphedema