Clothes....venting

Special Section for Ages 15 through 35. Late Teens through young adults, clothes, toe leakage, study, work, shoes

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, Birdwatcher, blush

Clothes....venting

Postby blush » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:15 pm

ok so it will totally epend on where in the world you are at the moment, but i must admit im getting very jealous of some lovely girls in their nice boots!!
but.. alas,,,, i got over it and spolt myself by purchasing some nice jackets, so atleat im happy with the top half!!
like wise, anyone with arm lymph can wear nice boots still....lol

im trying to focus on other things like jewellery and hair and stuff, i spose if that looks better, then i can try to ignore my leg a bit? i dunno..

blush
blush

Postby silkie » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:21 am

Hiya Blush

Way back in the 60's mini skirts and long boots height of fashion
an me with the ol tree trunk legs and high instep

I had some made yes very expensive compaired to shop prices bit they were worth every penny year after year those boots were worn and loved and tasken care of.

I went to an old guy that repeaired shoes he was a shoe maker.
Don't see many around now but i eas wondering about an equestrian shop
could they Help? they surely must cater for large riders?

might be worth checking out?

huggggggggg
Silks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Postby blush » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:24 am

Yeah i considered getting some nice leather ones made when i get home, im waiting for my leg to settle a bit and see what size is most common as it would be a pitty top get them made too big or tight!!

thanks for your input...

take care
blush
blush

Postby Daisy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:03 pm

Have to laugh - I made a POINT of wearing my boots today to see my doctor. Sure they're scrunch boots, and they strech - but they're still BOOTS and they have heels and they go all the way to my knee.

The first time I saw him, he matter-of-factly told me that my fun shoes days were over. I just HAD to prove him wrong.
Daisy

Postby carolinabutterfly313 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:33 pm

I had a huge shoe collection before my surgery which brought on the lymphedema. Had to throw out so many shoes, it was very upsetting and I cried through every minute of it. Now I'm down to about four pairs of shoes I can wear comfortably and know I'm not going to suffer the repercussions later in the day when I take them off. I can completely relate to this.
carolinabutterfly313

Postby joanne johnson » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:53 pm

All of us with lower leg lymph remember fondly how nice it was to wear lovely, feminine shoes. It has been alot of years and I have stopped frustrating myself by even looking at nice shoes. Now I just look at the 2 pair I have and am grateful that I have some shoes that are comfortable, protect my feet and keep them warm. Amen!
joanne johnson

Postby blush » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:58 pm

i am wearing in my new snowboard boots at the moment, they have to be tight to start with as them pad out so much, i cant belive im sying this but the other day my good leg was sore for once from wearing the boots and i was soo happy, i thought aghhhh this is what it should be lik hehehe;;
blush

Postby Daisy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:42 am

Blush, that's great! I'm envious that you're going to hit the slopes. Between our goofy weather and my nutso schedule it hasn't happened this year.

But here's another question - I have found that when I can wear regular shoes, my legs sometimes swell less when I wear a slight heel (1 - 2"). Have you found this? I think it's because my feet are big and it lessens the about of horizontal foot.

Have you found anything remotely cute that you can wear? I have 2 weddings coming up and I know cute sandals are out - the straps cut into my feet. Any advice?
Daisy

Postby Daisy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:43 am

Blush, that's great! I'm envious that you're going to hit the slopes. Between our goofy weather and my nutso schedule it hasn't happened this year.

But here's another question - I have found that when I can wear regular shoes, my legs sometimes swell less when I wear a slight heel (1 - 2"). Have you found this? I think it's because my feet are big and it lessens the about of horizontal foot.

Have you found anything remotely cute that you can wear? I have 2 weddings coming up and I know cute sandals are out - the straps cut into my feet. Any advice?
Daisy

Postby blush » Thu May 31, 2007 8:15 am

hey sorry im only getting back just now.
i cant specify brands for nice strappy shoes but all i can say is, try stuff on, u may be suprised!!

also i havent really noticed my leg or foot being better from high heels but it makes sense because ur muscles move more and on a different angle to normal so yeah.
blush
blush

Postby lazyleftleg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 pm

my reid sleeve should arrive this week and i haven't been this excited about something in my life in a looooong time! all i can think about is wearing cute sandels again and buying a pair of pants/jeans this fall that don't contain "stretch" material to accomodate my leg, and yes....tall boots that will zip up my calf. ahhhhh...a girl can dream can't she? i hope i'm not having unrealistic expectations of the reid sleeve and setting myself up for disappointment.
lazyleftleg

Return to Young People with Lymphedema