Lymphedema and body odor

swollen back, rash, Lymph node fibrosclerosis, Immunodificient Limb, DVT, venous insufficiency, inflammation, inflammatory response, bone fractures

Moderators: Birdwatcher, tkincheloe, jenjay, Cassie, Senior Moderators

Lymphedema and body odor

Postby gary1955 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:55 am

Hello.... it has been a long time since I posted here. Always nice to know I have this site when I have questions. Not sure if this is the correct section to start this thread. Recently, I have noticed that I have uncontrollable body odor. I am thinking it must be from my 3rd stage leg and feet lymphedema as I have never had problems with it before. I am going to try changing my soap that I use to a scented one. I have also noticed problems with bowel odor too. I read the thread from 2006 on here. Let me just say that I have had lymphedema for 16 years and can not wrap my own feet and legs due to morbid obesity. So they have gone untreated for many years. Any suggestions on how I can help this side effect? I shower not as much as I would like to due to leg pain and weakened muscle. I have no one to help me so I am on my own with this. I live with family but they are unable to help me. Needless to say, I am getting complaints about the body odor and, of course, I do not like it myself. Thank you
gary1955

Return to Complications of Lymphedema