New sensations

delayed breast cellulitis, recurrent cellulitis, recurrent erysipelas, soft tissue infections, Dermatolymphangioadenitis (DLA), Flesh Eating Bacteria, Bacterial Infections, Strep Infections, bacterial cellulitis, prophylactic antibiotics

Moderators: jenjay, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

New sensations

Postby Wendy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:03 am

This last week I have had some new, disturbing sensations I'm wondering if they are related to my lymphemdema.
I am feeling very over-heated, anxious and my body feels as if im experiencing little electric shocks and it feels as if my whole body is shaking. It was very scary the first time it happened. I have recently ran short of the antibotic i have been taking and waiting to have it refilled. Could this have anything to do with the way that im feeling.
Wendy

Re: New sensations

Postby patoco » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:39 am

Hey Wendy

Some people mention those symptoms when they are first coming down with lymphedema, such as the "little electrical shocks."

The problem is that cellulitis or erysipelas seems to have its own symptoms based on the individual, that it is hard to say you may be coming down with either of those.

I think, if it were me, I would go ahead and get to the doctor or ER room, just to make sure.

Take care!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Wendy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:20 am

I have been dealing with lymphedema for 2 year nows. At first it was both my feet and legs, but recently has moved up to my thighs.
I have dealt with cellulitis as well but im on a low dosage antibotic which seems to be controlling it. The new sensations I described
occurred at the same as my prescription ran out , that is why i was wondering if they might be related
Wendy

Postby Wendy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:21 am

Think I have found my answer. I'm back on the antibotics and sympthoms seem to have stopped.

Pat.
Thank you so much for starting the website. Reading other people issues and feelings make me feel less alone with
my lymphedema and its comforting to know there is a place where people really do understand how much lymphedema does
disrupt and control your life in a large way.
Wendy

Postby patoco » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am

Hi Ya Wendy :)

Glad you found what was going on. It's always scary (at least for me) when I start having new sypmtoms or sensations with this lymphedema. Hope those antibiotics do the trick and remember, we are always here for you :!: :!:

My very best,

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lymphedema Infections, Cellulitis, lymphangitis