exercise machine

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

exercise machine

Postby Kim » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:57 pm

Is anyone familiar with this exercise machine?

Chi Exerciser Machine, Model 2000 Deluxe Swing Massager

It doesn't really seem like a massager, more gentle exercise and stretching of the legs and hip areas and muscles, including the back.

Kim
Kim

Postby patoco » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi Ya Kim :D

Happy New Year to you :!: :!: :!: :!:

I'm not personally familiar with it, in the sense I haven't used it. However, there have been interesting reports on the Chi machine and its potential benefits for lymphedema.

I would suspect that benefit is in helping to soften hardened tissue. When that is done, the body is more able to remove the fluids.

In that light, it might be beneficial as an adjunct to massage and regular exercise.

We currently have a page on the Chi machine:

The Chi Machine - Complimentary Treatment for Lymphedema, Edema

http://www.lymphedemapeople.com/thesite ... achine.htm

It is on my list to update in the new Wiki section, but I just haven't done it yet.

BTW...I did try to find any newer info, but the study on our page seems to be the last one done.

Anything that can help soften the fibrosis is a good thing. I personally focus on fibrosis through self MLD, lymph node stimulation etc.

If you decide to try it, let us know how much of a help it is.

:arrow: Have a great year :wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Kim » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Thank you, Pat.

My husband and I looked at the machine online. Especially after reading the info, we're thinking of getting one. I have noticed the tissues in my legs thickening lately. Maybe this would help. Sure would be nice to get some help here; anything to slow the progression!

Happy New Year! :D

Kim
Kim

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema