Welcome to phpBB 2

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Postby silkie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:02 pm

:D

iTS GOOD TO BE BACK PAT

BIG WELCOME TO ALL MEMBERS OLD AND NEW

THIS IS SO EASY TO FIND INFO PAT

CANT WAIT FOR THE FORUMS TO BE UP AND RUNNING

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I LIKE THIS NEW SITE

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

THANK YOU FOR THIS PAT . A HOME FOR THE LYMPH FAMILY
ITS NOT ONLY THE BEST ITS GOT CLASS TOO

SILKSXXXXXXXXXXXX :P :wink: :mrgreen: [/b]
silkie

This is beautiful!

Postby willowsmom » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:06 am

I'm wearing green today so I thought I'd try the green font. I don't know if it'll work; I'm not at home now, I'm at work, but I figure this is legit because if that lying, murderous insurance company of mine doesn't do its job I won't be able to do mine!!!!!

Pat, this site is gorgeous. Thanks for all the hard work!

Barbara
willowsmom

glad your back

Postby ann skinner » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:51 am

I am glad you are back and up and running.....thank youo for letting me know :D
ann skinner

glad to be back

Postby kathy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:58 pm

i am glad that this is back up and running. i really missed this site not being up and running.

thanks for getting it back up again.

kathy
kathy

What does phpbb mean?

Postby NetterBug » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:50 pm

:?:

Sorry to ask, but it is driving me nuts because I have yet to figure it out. What does phpbb stand for if anything? Is it only for LE or are there other groups too? Of course I fear venturing away from here as I may get lost. LOL :oops:

Netter Bug
NetterBug

phpbb (php + bb)

Postby Brad » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:09 am

phpbb, as seen in the logo at the top left of your window, is a software program written with the php scripting language to provide a bulletin board (bb) functionality.

Wikipedia has a decent writeup on the php scripting language if you want to know more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

For Lymphedema People, phpbb provides a far more robust, efficient, and easier to host solution to providing these forums. Our previous solution, while suitable, lacked many of the features our savvy members have come to expect and had become a veritable nightmare to host and support. Our webhost essentially refused to allow us to continue with our old forums, so we opted to implement phpbb. I hope you find it to be as easy to use as we have.

- Brad :)
Brad
Site Admin

Postby silkie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:52 am

Hiya Brad

This is brilliant

BIG THANK YOU to you and Pat

hugggggggggg

Silkie xxxxx
silkie

Re: phpbb (php + bb)

Postby NetterBug » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:24 pm

Thank you Brad! You're awesome. I love this format as it reminds me of Prince's fan site. Learning to use new message boards can be frustrating and time consuming. This one is great. Thank you again.

Netter Bug

Brad wrote:phpbb, as seen in the logo at the top left of your window, is a software program written with the php scripting language to provide a bulletin board (bb) functionality.

Wikipedia has a decent writeup on the php scripting language if you want to know more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

For Lymphedema People, phpbb provides a far more robust, efficient, and easier to host solution to providing these forums. Our previous solution, while suitable, lacked many of the features our savvy members have come to expect and had become a veritable nightmare to host and support. Our webhost essentially refused to allow us to continue with our old forums, so we opted to implement phpbb. I hope you find it to be as easy to use as we have.

- Brad :)
NetterBug

Brad

Postby patoco » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:52 pm

I was soooooooooooooo upset when GoDaddy did what they did and pulled the old forums off line. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Here comes Brad like the cavalry riding in on the horizon.

NO way..absolutely could not have done it without everything Brad did. :!: :!: :!:

(Not to mention that deeeeeeeliscious homemade apple pie he and Deb brough over) :D :D :D :wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Family